If you’re here, you may well be dabbling with the idea of commissioning a painting, or perhaps a few. You might also feel a little wary of sending yourself down a creative rabbit hole! That’s all completely normal, and in fact, great. It wouldn’t be any fun if there wasn’t an element of the unknown, right? My aim is to provide original artworks to complement the unique nature of your home, working environment, or commercial space. You’re in the right place, and don’t sweat it – let me provide you with more information to help get the creative ball rolling.
A lot of people like the idea of commissioning a painting, but they’re uncertain about the collaboration process. Every commission is a little bit different, but my clients to date have been delighted with their final artworks. I think good communication is the key and I enjoy guiding clients (as much or as little is needed) on each creative journey. Here’s some more information about the process:
- You have an idea for an individual painting, or body of work, that you would potentially like me to create for you. Let me know! And rest assured there’s no obligation for you or your business to follow through with a commission process after simply flagging an idea. Flagging an idea is an opportunity to explore it with me through a brief, initial discussion, free of charge.
- Stuck with ideas but think you’d like to commission something? Here are some tips to get you in the right headspace:
- Take a look at my portfolio – which paintings are you particularly drawn to? Is it the colours, the composition, or the size that you like? Why?
- Where is the painting going to go in your home, office or commercial space? It may also be meant for a friend or family member?
- What is the space like – what colours have been used to decorate? What kind of furniture is in the space?
- Do you have a particular budget in mind? Please note that a deposit is required to start your commission with the balance payable once you have collected your final painting/s. I can provide progress updates if you’d like, and make minor adjustments according to your feedback as we near the end of the process.
- Commissioned artworks can take between 2 – 4 weeks depending on the waitlist, and the number required.
- I can arrange framing and assist with choosing one that both complements your artwork, and will work in the space where the painting will be hung. I tend to offer options in Tasmanian Oak, American Oak, White Washed Oak or Walnut.
- I’d love to hear about your idea, or answer any questions you may have – let’s chat! You can email me at email@example.com, call me on 0439 791 966, or tell me about your idea here.